This morning Lily and I ate breakfast together outside on the patio. We seemed to find that very small window of time that the temperatture was pleasant. As we ate our Cheerios, I talked her through the next two weeks...today's kindergarten physical, next week's new bedtime, the following week's staggered entry day, and this and that in between. Her response was, Summer is over already?! I'm quick to feel the same way, over already? Where'd it go? Feels like there are too many summer destinations untraveled, from day trips exploring the great Carolinas to that antique market down the road. A less than tan...is that what my summer sums up to be? I so wanted Lily's pre-kindergarten summer to be carefree and full of fun. For the rest of her life, summer will be a countdown to back-to-school. I'm not sure we did enough this summer.

Hmmm, but what about....new house, movin' in, backyard, house guests, slip-n-slide, new library, Lake Lure, Lazy 5, Sunset Beach, appendectomy, Summer Blast, Savannah, Florida, fishing, Adventure Island, aquarium, loose tooth, airplane ride...

I'm sure there is more I'm missing, so maybe we did have a pretty full summer. And an appendectomy sounds like an odd thing to list in a summer recap, but Brad's surgery opened doors to sleepovers and lazy days with friends. My kids probably consider that to be the best part of their summer.

This summer we have been blessed with a new home, good friends and safe travels. It did fly by, I could still ask...Where'd it go? But I could also ask, What more could I want?