Little late with an update this week...if you've kept up with the blog, you probably know that Elevation's biggest news of the week is Summer Blast. This event has just blown me away! I've already blogged about it so I'll just say that, once again, I feel honored yet humbled to be assoicated with what God is doing in this city through Elevation. Our Sunday services continue to pack out and space is once again an issue on the front burner. Please make this a matter of prayer. We know continual outreach is God's will, so we also know He will provide the means to accomplish such.

Personally, I'm as lonesome as can be (sounds like a sad country song one might hear at Summer Blast). Everyone asks how it feels to be child-free...well, I'm missing my babies like crazy, makes my guts hurt to hear their little voices on the phone. But I am not wishing this time away, I know it's good for them, good for me and my hubby. I'm staying busy and tackling big to-do lists, but I've also spent some down time with Baby and Johnny at Kellerman's and a couple of other goofy chick-flicks I'd DVR'd.

First thing in the morning and late at night I am painfully aware of Lily and Luke's absence. Will we do this again? I hope so. As long as the grandparents are up for it, I think it's a wonderful part of childhood to make special summer memories. I can ache with missing them 2 weeks a year, knowing others that love them dearly feel that way 50 weeks a year. They are a joy meant to be shared. And in no time I'll be fussing at them over toys in the hall and food on the carpet.