I love my kids all the time, goes without saying. But being separated from them for 12 days has put me in a "they're perfect" state of mind. I know it will take no time to zap me back to reality but for now I am content to watch my slide show screen saver and think only happy thoughts. This pic is from their Christmas visit with the grandparents...chowing down on pizza on the deck with cousins. Seeing it reminds me how much fun they're having making happy memories.

Saturday, Luke went to the aquarium with my brother's family...thanks Uncle Ray and Aunt Becky! On the phone he told me he saw big sharks. A few moments later, remembering this aquarium has an outdoor water play area, I asked, Did you play in the water? He quickly replied, No! I didn't get in that water with sharks! I could just eat him up, much like a big shark. I love that he thought I might actually be asking if he swam with sharks. I have to say that I am so proud of my Lukey. He's my sensitive, shy guy...I guess you could say a mama's boy. I wouldn't have it any other way, but for his sake, I want him to really develop a boldness and comfort to try to new things. He's been so great on this trip without me.

Lily surprises me everytime we chat with a new maturity in her voice and conversation style. She still asks 12 times So, what are you doing? but she's also saying things like "not quite yet" and "lately" in addition to her trademark "actually." She's become very fond of a little dog that's hanging around my parents' house and told me she takes very good care of the dog. Lily cares about the well-being of dogs as much or more than people. Recently she saw a "Missing Dog" sign in our neighborhood and kept an eye out for the dog for days, asking if we could call the number on the sign just to ask for updates and let the bereaved family know we were on the look out.

I'm just rambling now...missing my little ones and counting down the days until I fly down to visit, and bring them home.