It's after midnight and I'm just getting in from pulling a late night at the church office. A good, productive night...I should crash but I'm a little hyped up on caffeine. The rain put a kink in a few projects, but we really needed the rain so I hate to complain. The house is quiet, David and the kids have long since gone to bed. Here's what's going on:

This Sunday we are launching a new curriculum in Quest and it's amazing! Quest is the area in which I serve as director, serving ages 3-K. Elevation's E-kidz has always been great, but we're taking things to a new level. In Quest, this means a full stage production with music, graphics, games...lots of fun, all reinforcing the truths of the Bible. The kids are going to eat this stuff up and families are going to be thrilled to bring their little ones to this exciting ministry. Most of all, God is going to be glorified by the offering of time from the many volunteers involved, He will be worshipped in such a manner that truly engages the little ones and young lives will be changed as they learn about Jesus.

I could never list all the staff and volunteers involved in pulling this off, so I won't even try. I work along side a tremendous volunteer team, under dedicated staff. But there are a couple fellas I want to give some kudos to on this very late night. Curt and David...your names will never even appear on a Quest volunteer list, but this couldn't happen without you! I've been out of the house 7 of the last 9 evenings. David and I communicate via email and cell phone, we pass in the foyer as he heads in and I head out. I know Gina and Curt are in the same boat...or should I say ship, as in two ships passing in the night. And I know I can speak for Gina too when I say we miss our fellas.

Now before anyone gets too concerned, you have to know that both our families place a high priority on time together. And our church reinforces that commitment. Family is greatly valued, God created the family before He created the church. We know that. These are unusual times for extraordinary circumstances. It won't always be this hectic. But for these past two weeks, and possibly more here and there in the future, our guys have pulled double duty. Work all day, Mr. Mom all evening. God knows you're tired. We are too. Thanks guys, you're the unsung heroes of E-kidz! Serving your own family in this capacity ultimately allows hundreds of other families to be served in the name of Jesus.