I got my NC driver's license today. (Insert applause!) It's a big deal to me to no longer have the FL-DL in my wallet. Like my friend Holly said last night with a laugh, I guess I've decided to stay. If you spent any time with me yesterday, you probably saw a driver's manual in my hand. I was pretty nervous about the test (lots of people told me it was tough), but I studied, prayed, and I'm happy to report I got 100% correct. That's better than David did, I like to mention that because David hates my driving. I also redeemed myself by correctly answering a question concerning when roads are the slickest, that I remember missing 13 years ago in driver's ed.

I arrived at the DMV 15 minutes before it opened...my dad would be so proud. There was already quite a line including a man in a lawn chair with Starbucks and a newspaper...I got the feeling he'd been there before. Over half the line consisted of anxious teenagers with anxious parents. I was the only person over the age of 16 that had the study book in hand, so I hid mine. I waited outside 15 minutes, in the lobby 10, finished my interview, eye, road sign and written test in 20, so by 8:30 I thought I was good to go. It did however take another 25 minutes for my personal DMV attendant to finish with a nervous teen before she could take my money and click my pic (which turned out okay). But in and out before 9am wasn't bad...and everyone working at the DMV (save one) was very pleasant, almost jovial. They must be fresh in the morning.

Overall, I had a great NC-DMV experience. That's not something you hear everyday. Had a nice chat with a fellow "waiter" named Denise and tried to enjoy people watching...big or small, rich or poor, young or old...we're all the same at the DMV.