Tomorrow is the big day, we head back to NC...on an airplane this time! The kids have been asking to fly for at least 2 years and now the time has come. I hope they're not disappointed. I personally like flying far less than I thought I would. I didn't take my first airplane ride until I was 22, and much to my dismay, flying makes me queasy. Not really sick, just not great. Despite the unpleasant feeling that accompanies flying, I will pick the short flight over the 10-12 hour drive any day.

On the flight down here, I found myself listening to every direction given by the flight attendant. I usually ignore this portion of the flight and thumb through the Skymall magazine. But I'm sure I won't be able to properly listen tomorrow as I answer 100 questions and situate 2 anxious children...and as I prepare to fly with the kids, I feel like I do want to know how to get off that plane in an emergency, properly use my oxygen mask and know how to turn the seat cushion into a floatation device. I usually have the "if we crash, no seat cushion will save me" attitude, but with my kids by my side, suddenly that's no longer the thought process...so I listened intently last week.

It's time to go home. Summer is almost over and I still have a "to-do" list a mile long. As of Wednesday, there will have to be a new schedule at our house. I somehow have to train my 5 year old to go to bed while it's still daylight so she can wake up while it's still dark. This will be a huge adjustment for the entire family. We also still need a physical (with shots), school supplies and new shoes...the summer flip flops are about to be retired, life is about to change.

But tomorrow, I'll just tackle the airplane, the rest can wait another day.