Something didn't go my way. It happens. Nothing earth shattering and at the end of the day we're healthy and cared for, and that's what matters. Just didn't go my way. I've been practicing being "okay" about it and hadn't mentioned it to anyone but David. Really, not a big deal, just didn't turn out like I'd hoped. Today I told a friend, and she cried for me. I didn't cry, I haven't cried. Like I said, I've been trying to be "okay" about it, talk myself out of feeling discouraged or down. But she knows my heart, understood this hurt, and cried for me. Not a sob or an ugly cry, just a feel your pain 'cause I love you teary-eyed kind of cry. After we parted ways I thought, She didn't cry with me. She cried for me. She allowed the tears I had refused.

One of my favorite passages in scripture is in John 11, when Jesus weeps. Not because I love the idea of my Lord weeping, but because it shows His deep compassion. He cries in response to the hurt of another. The best part about it is, He knows what's coming next. He knows the sorrow will turn to celebration in moments when He calls Lazarus out of the tomb, but He weeps anyway. I'm not a Bible scholar so maybe there is deeper meaning to the passage that I'm missing, more to His tears. When I read it, I read it as a Friend weeping over His friend's sorrow. That's the Jesus I serve, and that's the Jesus I saw in my friend today.