Tonight our house was officially warmed, and warmed well I must say. Two friends who were key players in our home buying experience, Tony, our loan officer and Larry, our realtor, threw a housewarming celebration and it was a joy to open our home to friends.

To be honest, David and I were a little anxious as this evening approached. Would people really want to give up their Friday night to visit our house? What if they really didn't want to come and were thinking to themselves, What's the big deal? If you haven't figured it out by now, I can what if the fun out of anything. But they came, we ate, we laughed and the last few guests left after 10pm (and were headed to the ER but that's a whole other story!).

There were times the house was so loud I couldn't distinguish the noise of the playful children from the chit-chat of the grown-ups, just a noisy mingling of happy sounds. I like a house that sounds like that. Growing up our house was always full of friends and family...over for a fish fry, a game night, or no good reason at all. My parents still pack out their house everytime we visit and I thought times like that were a part of my Florida life. It felt good to have a full house here. When we decided we would buy a house and put down "roots" in NC, my prayer was that our home would be a place where God was glorified. God is the God of friendship, of joy, of laughter, and the God of this household...tonight was a celebration of all of those things.