This "corners of my house" post is a rip off from the blog of a good friend, but as imitation is the highest form of flattery, I'll make no apologies.
This corner is a little nook on a kitchen cabinet that I've dedicated to a French vacation David and I took several years ago. (Back when France was just associated with rudeness, not necessarily un-patriotic to visit) The handmade pottery I found in a shop in Aix-en-Provence, the southern town where we spent most of our time. I filled the bowl with sugar cubes I collected during daily cafe visits. Olive oil and lavender were popular in the town as well, both represented in this corner. The labeled bottle of olive oil is from the town, never opened. The other cork and bottle I bought in France but have just started filling mysef and using when I cook (I love using olive oil in a bottle like that...I feel like Rachel Ray as I do two turns in a pan!) The picture and mini-tower are your typical cheesy souvenir, bought right on the Eiffel Tower. (Which is an amazing site, especially at night). Things not from France are the dried flowers, from my best friend's wedding and the Best of France cookbook, yet to be used!

For the 6 years I've had these little souvenirs, they've always been either tucked away or up on a shelf, mostly unseen. This is the first time they've been "displayed"...it's nice to look at and reminisce about that great vacation. Before kids, slightly more carefree, once in a lifetime.