I've been reminded this week how much I love sleeping with my husband. And I mean sleep. David was away two night's this week; one night in Anderson, SC and one night in Tampa, FL. I just don't sleep well without him, and much to my delight he told me the same thing. Even better, he told other people the same thing. David isn't into idle chit-chat, so if he told someone he didn't sleep well because I wasn't with him...he meant it. And I like to feel needed.

I've tried substitutes...the dog, the kids, a pillow, but nothing is better than falling asleep with David. He's a good sleeper too. Not at all restless, he's still and quiet for the most part. He makes these occassional chhhh noises, but in 9 years I've grown to find them comforting. The dog snores like a beast and the kids move too much. If David snores, I know he's sick or overly exhausted so I tolerate it in sympathy. And rumor has it I snore when I'm sick or overly exhausted, and I know I did when I was pregnant...and he never complained.

Sleeping together is a big deal, it's vulnerable. We ladies lose our ability to control the hairstyle, the noises we make and for some of us, the things we may say. Sleeping well with someone requires trust.

I'm happy to say I got a great night's sleep last night. David was exhausted from traveling and was ready for bed before I was, but I was so happy to snuggle beside him and fall asleep that I left dishes unattended and toys in the hallway.