Night one with no kids...we were restless, even the dog, KC. She and Lily are best friends and she's not happy that I returned home without her. Luke could take or leave the dog, actually, he'd just leave her. After having the dog for about a year, he asked if we could just get a cat and name it KC. Kids are funny.

The house is too quiet. I got up at 6:30 am, which is very unusual for me (I much prefer the 7 o'clock hour). I haven't a clue what to do with myself...and it's only day 1. But this is not a poor me post. I know many parents that would give their right arm for a break like this (if you're not a parent of young children and that seems harsh, just trust that I love my little ones more than life itself, and love them even more when I get a break like this!) I've decided not to waste a single second worrying about Lily and Luke, they have God and eagle-eye June watching over them. But I will spend a little time missing them; that's good for me, it reminds me how very, very blessed I am to have two precious little ones. When they're back home and I'm wiping his pee-pee off the floor (can I get an AMEN, Gina?!) or cleaning up her latest art project mess, I'll thank God and ask forgiveness for the times I don't treat them like blessings.

My honest prayer over this time is that I use it wisely. Being a wife and mother is my first area of ministry, but not my only. I have repeatedly asked God to give me eyes to clearly see what tasks He'd like me to tackle while my children are away, and to rightly discern what things are not in need of my attention. It would be too easy to waste this time. I've done it before. That doesn't mean the next two weeks are all work and no play...I plan on doing my fair share of catching up with friends, enjoying quiet evenings with Dave, watching a couple chick-flicks I've DVR'd.

But night one was restless.