With two children, 12 months apart, the backpack diaper bag became an instant hit in our home. If I was alone with the kids, I could have the backpack on my back, and a kid on each hip, or one on the hip while I held hands with the other, or both toddling bedside me holding my hands and I didn't have to worry that a regular shoulder style diaper bag would at any minute shift off my shoulder and take a kid out. If David was with me, he would sling the tan backpack over one shoulder and never complain...it was manly enough. As the kids grew, the necessary baggage began to shrink. We no longer needed as much paraphernalia.The diaper bag backpack evolved to a super cute, slightly smaller, googly-eyed frog backpack. My bud, Amy, gave Luke this adorable frog bag for Christmas last year and it became a family favorite as well. If you've been anywhere with us in the past year, you've probably seen Froggy. He's big enough for hand sanitizer, extra underwear, and my keys, yet small enough that when my hands are full, I can ask Luke to share the load and sling Froggy on his back...practical and very cute. Froggy is well traveled, from cars to airplanes, up and down the East coast.

Today, the backpack evolved yet again. Luke begins preschool Tuesday and needed a backpack. Froggy isn't quite big enough. He won't be retired just yet, we'll still keep him handy, but he's been replaced on a day to day basis with a very tough looking navy and red Spiderman bag. No googly eyes, no green corduroy trim. My little boy is growing up.