I firmly believe that the easiest way to counteract negativity is to think happy thoughts. Nothing weird like the "I am loving and capable" chant that one of my ninth grade teachers had us recite, but honest reflection on my blessings in life and the simple things that make me smile. Not only does it lift the fog that settles in my spirit but it also glorifies God when I acknowledge His goodness and it pleases Him for me to have a heart of thanksgiving. I've got the blues tonight, I'm sure you get that from my last post. But here are a few things from today that I just can't help but smile about.

Tonight we worked on an "All About Me" project for Luke's preschool. That in itself was sweet time. For "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up" he drew a baseball and bat and told me he wants to play for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. He then told me he wanted to send the picture to his Pa and was very irritated when I told him it had to go to school since it was homework.

I paid $8 today for my family to ride a John Deere lawnmower disguised as a train, turning circles in a parking lot. Can I get a witness from any other Matthews Alive attendee? What we do for the love of our children!

David disappeared for a few minutes tonight and returned with milkshakes for just the two of us.

Monday holidays are the best...they make Sundays even more enjoyable and I love Tuesdays that feel like Mondays and then I'm pleasantly surprised to remember it's really Tuesday.

Lily moussed her own hair last night with "two snowmen" and woke up this morning with an outrageously funny fro!

Off to bed, another thing that makes me happy.