Today is my Mama's birthday. Here are some things I'd like you to know about her:

Her favorite channel to watch is the Weather Channel, she can tell you the projected forecast for a week from Tuesday in Anywhere, USA. And she's a little concerned about it.

She does not like noise, crowds and especially noisy crowds.

When she laughs hard, her entire upper body moves, as she covers her mouth with her little hand...she has very little hands. I wish I'd have gotten her dainty hands, I have man hands.

She loves and takes care of my Daddy like nobody's business. I've known people to give her grief over her submission and dedication to my Dad, they would not be people who have been happily married for 30 years.

She wrote From: Santa Claus on our Christmas gift tags, well into our adult years.

A lot of things make my mom nervous, but she'd kill a lion with her bare hands if it messed with her babies...or she may shoot it with a BB gun, either way she'd make sure her family was safe.

I am her youngest baby, well, by birth. But she's mama'd a lot of other babies too.

She likes to play cards.

Her favorite color is blue.

Her name is June and I was born in the month of June. That really doesn't mean anything, just is what it is, but I've always liked that about us.

She loves Tim Allen movies, and that silly guy who used to say "Know what I mean, Vern?" She has been known to embarrass her family at the movies with an odd cackle. But she does not go to the movies often (once a decade?), noise and crowds.

She is over the top over my kids. And I like it that way. For their well being, I can't be so accommodating, they would be ruined, but it works for her. I think every child needs someone (but not everyone!) to treat them like the sun rises and sets for them alone. She's that person for my kids.

My Mama always expressed her affection verbally and physically, I've heard a lot of I Love Yous, gotten lots of hugs and kisses and she calls me My baby when we talk on the phone.

My mom isn't perfect, she knows it...she's quirky about the weather, our safety, our weather safety :)...among other things. But I can say what every child should be able to say which is when I have needed my mama, she has been there. No exception. That is a constant throughout my life, but it has been especially noted in my adulthood, because she doesn't have to be anymore. When my first baby was born and I was having a tough time. When ends don't meet. When Luke was sick, even here, she traveled back and forth, 600 miles.

If you see my Mama today, wish her a Happy Birthday.