I'd like to say that now, 6 weeks into the school year, I have become a well-oiled, lunchbox packing, carpool dropping, homework checking, folder signing machine. I'd like to say that but it'd be far from the truth. Our mornings are not disastrous, but everyday looks different. We're survivng our school routine more so than thriving. I am confident we'll get better at this but, I was so glad to have a day off from school today. It's conference day, which brings a stress all it's own, but at least we were able to sleep until 7:30am, eat a leisurely breakfast and I'm happy to say we're all still in PJs.

Now about that conference, Lily asked, Is that when the teacher tells you how good I am? Boy.I.Hope.So.

In other school news, Lily brought home her first school pictures this week. They were taken 2 days after her haircut so I was nervous I would forever regret not waiting before making the drastic cut...but I'm happy to say her pics are really cute (for school pictures). She picked a blue outfit to wear with a blue background...I disagreed but decided that battle wasn't worth fighting. So dark blue clothes, dark blue background...but a sweet little face. I just realized I forgot to show them to David, sorry :(