Last night as I met with my fellow book study moms, we began to openly chat about how overwhelmed many of us feel as we juggle our kids, our husbands, jobs, volunteerism, school, etc. We weren't complaining, every woman in the room would equally chat with you about the blessings in her life...but we share the common heart cry of wanting to honor and serve our God, our famililes, our churches, our communities ...and to do so with excellence.

Within this discussion, we talked about how much harder it is to rightly discern what does and does not need our attention when everything filling our calendars and to-do lists is "good." There are so many good ways to fill a day. It seems as if it'd be very easy to say "I need to cancel today's bank robbery so I can read to the kids"...but much harder to say I need to limit the hours I volunteer...I should say no to that invitation...I need to step away from the computer...The laundry can wait...

Good, no harm intended, meant to benefit someone, stuff. A fellow mom in the group really struck a nerve with me when she said "There are so many things we do that are good, but are they the best?" Best. Best. Best. Hmmm. That's something to chew on.

What if I take a look at my calendar and to-do list right now and filter it through the lense of BEST. Best use of my time, best for my kids, best for my husband.

Taking 15 minutes to compose this blog feels good, I've had thoughts of best churning in my brain for 18 hours. It's good to get this in black and white, helps me work it out a little more in my brain. But now it's out, so being on this computer is probably no longer best...