8:30pm Hummel household goes to bed (Even the grown-ups, it's been a long week)

2:00am Luke comes to our bed

2-5:20am I attempt to share a pillow with a four year old and sleep with extra arms, legs, elbows and feet on me, under me, all around me

5:20am Lily comes into our room, she's had a bad dream and wants to crawl in bed...there is NO room!

5:23am After debate, Lily and I head upstairs and share a twin bed in Luke's room as opposed to the double bed in Lily's room (don't ask)

5:25-5:45am Attempt to get comfortable with Lily, KC and a half dozen stuffed animals in a twin bed...yes, there is an empty twin bed in the same room (again, don't ask)

5:50am After finally getting comfy, Luke comes upstairs sobbing that I left him downstairs and asks to crawl in bed with us...there is NO room!

6:00am Luke settles down and falls asleep in his own twin bed

8:10am Lily wakes up, and says Isn't KC a great dog? The day begins.

What I have described is not unusual in our house. In fact, it used to happen nightly and now only happens once or twice a week, so although it is exhausting, frustrating and down right embarrassing to admit I allow, we are making progress. One day I'll blog about our sleeping arrangements from their birth to age 3. This is why I laugh when I hear non-parents say "I'll never..." because I assure you, I thought I would never...