You may remember my Fightin' Mad post from last month. If you missed it, I vented a little about my frustration towards someone who had disrespected my husband. Today, those same emotions came rushing back to the surface when Luke told me that a classmate had called him an ugly name. My anger was short-lived, I found myself laughing instead. Here's why:

Lily: Just show her to me tomorrow Luke. I'll walk you to class, you point her out, and I'll beat her up.

(Don't worry, I immediately interrupted and spoke against the threatened violence!)

Lily: Okay, well, you still show her to me...I'd like to have a little talk with her.

Luke: No Lil. I want Mom to go have a talk with her, not you.

Lily: Don't worry Luke. I can handle it. I know some biiiiiig words.

I'm not exactly sure what "big" words she's talking about. I'm a little afraid to ask. Knowing her, they may be the 4-letter kind. Regardless, I find it extremely endearing that she's so protective of him. I'm glad a shy guy like Luke has a not-so-shy big sister like Lily. I have a feeling as close as they are, they'll fight one another's battles a time or two in years to come. And it's always nice to know someone's got your back.