What if...I went an entire month without talking about my cute hubby?

Just wouldn't be me.

Two things that make him extra special this month...

First, he grew a goatee for me. Blinked and missed it? Yep, it's gone. He kept it about a week. I really liked it but he couldn't get used to the feel of it. David grows facial hair like he's been drinking Dr. Growmore's Magic Hair Elixir. He started the goatee one day and by the next afternoon it was needing a trim (almost!). Fast. But really thick and coarse and he just couldn't get into it. Saturday night he said he'd keep it one more day. I think he celebrated the end of the Daniel fast by shaving it off before dinner Sunday night...so he wouldn't lose any of the good food to his face!

Second, he's helping coach Lily's soccer team. Soccer is one of the few sports that David hasn't played before and knows very little about. That's what makes this so great. I love that he's willing to step out of his comfort zone for the love of a 6 year old girl! She was so excited to have him out on the field with her and you could tell he brought the "dad" experience to the team. The lead coach knows the necessary skills but because she's so young the kids weren't taking her direction too seriously. David was able to keep them in line. I think we're in for a fun season!

So D, for giving the goatee a try and joining a first grade soccer team...you're the man, and a clean shaven man at that!