Making new friends is something I hadn't had much experience with until I moved here. In Florida, all my friends were old friends, people I'd known for what felt like my whole life, and I know that at one time all my old friends were new friends but there's comfort in not remembering when that was. Making new friends has proven to be more complex than I thought. Relationships take time, investment, and emotional resources that I'm not always prepared to give. But like most worthwhile causes, true friendship is worth the effort.

With that said, I've been spending time this morning thanking God for some of the new friends He's brought into my life over the past couple weeks, like Ezekiel and Honey. Ezekiel and I don't see rye to eye on some things, he can be so dry, but he's certainly added some substance to my life. Now Honey and I, well, we just stick together. She is so sweet and makes the absolute best cup of all natural decaf tea. I love to spend my mornings and evenings with her, very comforting. I've been ashamed to admit that although I've known Honey for awhile, I never thought she had much of a place in my life. I'd really underestimated her ability to bee so versatile.

In friendships, it's really tough when you feel like the third wheel, but just imagine my pleasant surprise when I found out how well Ezekiel and Honey get along with one another. I'm not jealous at all, in fact I love how they've warmed up to each other!

I have a feeling that in a few days, a rift may form between me and my new friends. Next week, I'll have some old friends coming back into my life and that can put a strain on new relationships. I doubt Ezekiel and my old friend Sara Lee will have much in common. He's a little too dry for her taste. But Honey, I'll be keeping her close. We may not see each other quite as often when Juan Valdez is back in town, but I know she'll always be there for me when I need her.