Hiatus - a period of time where one is on a break.

I've been on a little hiatus. From my blog. My email. My kitchen. My laundry. My kids. My husband. My home. My responsibility. My life.

I've never done a "girls" weekend getaway before, so months ago when chatter began about a beach weekend in September, the thought was certainly appealing but it seemed too good to be true. I've gone away for conferences and retreats and the like, but never a no schedule, no agenda, no note taking, just-for-the-heck-of-it girls weekend. Wow. All I can say is...can I have another? And soon. I truly can't remember the last time I laughed so hard and often, the last time I ate 7 consecutive meals without cutting up someone else's food, the last time I was awake until the wee morning hours with no emergency room involved, the last time I played in the ocean like a kid without watching for a kid. Good times. Good times. It would take way too long to even scratch the surface of why this getaway was so great, why it's timing was perfect for me, why I almost didn't make it, why I did make it, why the dynamics were so healthy, why I love the other women so much...I'll just sum it up by saying, it was really fun. Real. Fun.