Surely there are a ton of deep, insightful take-aways I could post from the Orange Conference. My first night home I told David I didn't want to talk about it...yet. Usually I want to process things out loud, immediately. This wasn't one of those times. Just a lot crammed into two days, my brain was tired. Still is. I'll aim for deep and insightful next week. But there is one reoccurring thought that I'd like to share. Very important...grab a pen.

Top 5 Reasons Why Jessi is a Fab Travel-Mate:

-She let me have the mirror for as long as I needed, no complaints. Obviously, cute thing that she is, she doesn't have to apply multiple coats of war paint like some of us...so she graciously let me have the mirror for 75% of our a.m. "get-ready" time.

-She brought her own blanket from home. I am a cover-hog. We shared a king size bed. I had king-size bed covers all to myself. Heaven.

-She let me pry into her personal life. Old married woman that I am, I'm a little out of the single loop but Jessi let me ask questions and impose my opinion on all aspects of her life.

-She listened to me talk, and talk, and talk for four hours there...and four hours back and never acted bored or uninterested. From dating mistakes in my big-headed high school days (and I mean both ego and permed hair), to story after story about my hubby and kids, Jessi is a great listener (even if her greatness lies in an ability to feign interest).

-She zoomed off the interstate the minute I saw a QT sign and mentioned my desire to try the much acclaimed QT frozen coffee, and she didn't even want anything. A truly selfless act.


Somewhere in cyber world, I hope there isn't a "5 Reasons Erin is a Bummer to Hang With." I know #1 would be that I said "I don't care" about almost every decision she asked me to make. I'm not that indecisive of a person but after deciding breakfast, lunch, dinner, wardrobe, schedule, etc for a family of four everyday, I wanted a vacation from being in decision mode...apparently my brain shut down and I could barely decide if I was hot or cold. Reason #2 would probably include an embarrassing chair climbing incident. Knee still bruised.