Tuesday night I took a CPR certification test with about 20 other Ekidz volunteers. Let me first say that I do not take the topic lightly. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've avoided taking the class in the past for fear that once I had the training, I'd find myself in a situation to use it. I have so much respect for police officers, fireman, nurses, doctors, paramedics and the like who are able to face this challenge everyday. God bless you. We're working towards all Ekidz leadership being CPR certified, which I do think is great, so as a volunteer leader, I'm in that group. As a parent, it's also very comforting to know that at all times someone in close proximity to my child knows life saving techniques.

Now here's the real point of this post, seriousness of the topic aside, I had the best time. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much, or attempted not to laugh so much. Our instructor, Hans, must think I am either A. Whackadoo or B. Hugely Inappropriate...but I hope he knows there is C. Stay at home mom who, at that time of night, is usually up to her elbows in after dinner clean up, splashy bath time and kids fussing not to go to bed, so an opportunity to surround myself with people I truly enjoy and eat cookies and sit on a big bean bag with Teri just brings joy to my heart. C is long, but it is indeed the correct answer. And were I still in the CPR class, someone would be asking me for the correct answer...buncha cheaters.

Just another opportunity to recognize and appreciate how fabulous the Elevation volunteers are, even our instructor Hans, is a volunteer a the church (and hopefully the one nearby if I should ever be unresponsive). Of the 20 or so people in the room, I could laugh and chat with every one of them (and did so on our breaks). I am so thankful for the great guys and gals I serve with week in and week out, so thankful for their sacrficial servant hearts, but also so thankful that we can have a good time together.

I'm also very thankful that Teri and I didn't go to high school together. I may not have graduated with honors had I sat in the back of the class with her. She can get a gal in trouble.