David has been busting his hump at work this week (every week for that matter). He started a new position and he's pulling double duty until his old position is adequately covered. It was no surprise when he called me at 5:20 yesterday to say he wasn't quite ready to call it a day (and he'd been there since 6am). And it was really no surprise when he called an hour later to say he'd tied up his loose ends but the warehouse guys were swamped and he wanted to stick around and help them. He's just that kind of guy.

Today, I'll be at Orange Tour long before he gets off work and possibly home after he heads to bed (that could be a statement on me being out late or him going to bed early, it could go either way!) Tomorrow I'll head out for Day 2 of OT and be gone most of the day. He'll pull dad-duty from the time he gets off today until late tomorrow afternoon and he won't complain. Not only will he not complain, he won't use guilt or pity tactics to passive-aggressively let me know he's not happy that I'm out of the house. I'll really miss him (already do) and he'll miss me but that's just because we genuinely enjoy one another's company, best friends no doubt, and we know weekends like this are NOT our norm.

Just wanted to take a second to let him know I'm thinking about him this morning, and always.

And David, I know you're crazy-busy, but I think you should take a second to find a calendar (do you even have a calendar at work?) and cirlce May 16. I don't know how or what, but let's say we'll do SOMETHING to celebrate 10 years married, and if you plan to be out a day in May, you probably need to prepare everyone at work now. Love ya.