I just reviewed my last post and it made me laugh. If I thought 3 1/2 hours of priming furniture on Thursday led to messy trouble, I just had no idea what I was in store for on Friday! Hmmmm...eleven hours...white primer traded in for colors like Azalea, Sour Apple, Calypso Blue and Harlequin...it's on my steering wheel!?...Luke is down one pair of shoes (lost in a sea off spilled Calypso)...primer spill in the back of the Explorer...sore arms and legs...goodbye Crocs...what a day! But it was a labor of love. Today, I was the large group teacher in Quest which is rare, but I now know it was a God-thing, not just a last-minute-fill-in thing. I had the pleasure of interacting with all my "characters," Casey the Closet, Grover the Game Box, and so on...the anticipation I felt as I awaited the arrival of our little ones and the excitement as the kids walked in and met eyes (yes, the furniture has eyes too!) with the set was so worth the hours. I needed to spend a day reveling in the end result of the hard work. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, but I hope I never have too!

BIG thanks to Kelly who spent 8 hours of her day off with me, and to Lindsey and Sarah for helping me close out the long day. By hour 9, I don't even think I was friendly anymore. And what can I say to Chris and his crew at Innovative Installations, Inc.? Not only did they build our great pieces, they also let me invade their space for almost 15 hours total and were so helpful and gracious, even about the Calypso Blue!

Now for a complete topic change, let me tell you more about David's Dr's office swap (two posts ago). The urgent care office sent him a personal, hand written thank you note. Seriously. They thanked him for giving his spot to the child and expressed sincere thanks on behalf of the mother and staff. Is that great or what?