ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

David and I celebrate our 10th anniversary in May (the 16th, Teri's 10th too!). Anniversaries are a big deal to me, because, well, my marriage is a big deal to me. Celebrating it is special and that can mean a nice dinner out or a night away, each year looks different and that's fine with me. Two years ago, all four of us went to our favorite casual pizza joint and I was as content as I could be...year 8, our first in NC, felt like a celebration of our family. But this year, not so much :)...we are itching to getaway together, just the two of us. Doesn't have to be far away, just away. Away from our to-do lists, away from our distractions and responsibilities, away from this computer. I'm sad to say that I rarely give David my undivided attention, there's always something looming in the background of our time together. I feel like this past year I've given a lot of my time and attention to the needs of others, and David has often taken the backseat. David and I both prioritize serving others, our church and our community, but it's time to scale back, at least for a couple days, and just be together, no distractions. This "itch" to get away happens to come at a great time. My parents are coming into town in a month and my mom will be staying with us for a few weeks. She has offered and really insisted that we make the most of her time here and take a little time to ourselves. We are happy to oblige, thanks Mom. We are wanting to plan an little early anniversary getaway, maybe just one night, maybe two if I can convince David to take a day off.

So here's the point of this post: in the past few days, I have spent hours on the internet looking for a great getaway spot somewhat nearby. Because I've done so much back and forth to Florida in the past 2 years, I really don't want to spend much time in the car driving to our "destination." It's not that I'm having trouble finding a spot, the problem is I'm finding too many great spots, it's hard to choose and it's hard to know if what I'm seeing online is really as good as it looks in the pictures. The Carolinas are full of beautiful places from beaches to mountains. I have two main parameters: I don't want to drive more than 3 hours and I can't spend a fortune (or even a small fortune). So c'mon NC natives and travelers, what's THE BEST little getaway (reasonably priced!)?? I know some of you have got to be "in the know" about the best kept secrets in the Carolinas. A great little place in Asheville? Boone? Maybe Charleston (that's about as far as I'll go!)? I really want to know...and soon! Comment, email me, help me out...