First, I feel the need to apologize to all of you who are sick of hearing me *gush* about my husband, but then I think, whatthecrapever (as Mindy would say). Seriously, if you're tired of hearing how fab I think my David is, you'll have to find another blog because I hope I never stop having reasons to show him bloggy-lovin.' So you can find another blog, but don't find another blog right now...read this, really, what a guy!

Here's the set up: David has been sick for about two weeks with "the crud." He's been pretty miserable and believe me when I say, he is no fun to be around when he's sick...and since we've lived in NC, he seems to get sick often. Usually in the evenings, he's feeling his worst, just when I'm about to pull my hair out. He finally decided yesterday that it was time to see a doctor so after putting in nearly a full work day, he made a trip to our local urgent care. We have a clinic within walking distance that I pass multiple times a day and I can tell you that between this particular crud and the flu, the office is PACKED, all day everyday. After waiting just over an hour, David was finally called back. But as he went to the back and began his process of checking vitals and giving info, he couldn't stop thinking about that mother and child waiting in the lobby. You see, just before he'd gone back, a woman with a sick child had come into the office. David said the little boy was pretty out of it at first but then began to hold his ear and cry in pain. So as David finally began his process to see the doctor , he stopped the nurse and asked if he could go back out into the waiting room and let the mother and child take his place. After repeatedly asking David if he was sure and then going and discussing it with the mother, the swap was made. David returned to the waiting room and the child was seen in his place. And he didn't get the next spot in line, he got the child's spot, 5-6 people later. So after another 45 minutes or so, he finally saw the doctor. In the meantime, he said the entire waiting room knew what he'd done and were very appreciative. I'm sure they were glad to have the crying child out of there! Of course the mother thanked him repeatedly as well.

David and I have been married nearly 10 years, together for a dozen. I love moments like this that take me by surprise. I know he's a good great man, but honestly, I don't know many people that would've done the same, myself included. Afterall, he was sick too, he'd worked all day, he felt miserable, surely it was only fair that he see the doctor first. That's life right? Maybe this isn't rescuing kittens from a burning building or pushing an old lady from the path of oncoming traffic, but he's a hero none the less. Take it from this mom of two little ones who has waited in my fair share of urgent care and ER waiting rooms...no one has ever given my child their spot in line, ever.

Maybe I'm getting a little too carried away, but I can't help but think of that commericial where the woman pulls someone from the curb just before a bus speeds by and someone who sees the act in turn performs a caring deed and so on and so on...who knows what chain reaction of selflessness started at David's deed. My sincerest hope is that one of those waiting room witnesses later saw David get in his car, noticed the Elevation Church sticker, connected David to the church, the church to Jesus and therefore, Christ received the glory. But no matter what the "big picture" is, I'm lucky to have that kind of man as my hubby and Luke and Lily are lucky to have that kind of daddy.