When I first started blogging a little less than a year ago, one of my primary motivations was the fact I was sending a weekly email to about 40 people back home in FL to update on our transition, family milestones and Elevation's growth. I started the emails as soon as we moved and continued them for a year. But the list kept growing and I was losing track and constantly being told Add Aunt Such-n-Such and Cousin What's-His-Name to your email...the weekly email became a bit overwhelming. So I switched to a blog, I could post what I wanted, when I wanted and whoever, whenever could check it out. And although the blog had random family stuff here and there, in the beginning, there was also that ever important "Weekly Update." It didn't last long. I'm not sure when or why but I think just because life moves at break-neck speed and posting here and there about silly incidents and the occasional deep thought was much easier than attempting an all inclusive "update." So formal updates don't happen much anymore. I find it much more manageable to post little stories here and there that give the same info...you just have to keep up, put the pieces of the puzzle together. Now, with all that said, Pastor shared some wonderful news from the stage Sunday and my mind jolted back to those weekly update emails. I wonder if I could dig back through and find the first one I sent. I wonder how this number would compare: 2000. That's the number of lost people who have accepted Jesus as Savior in the 2 years of Elevation Church. 2000 people who didn't know Jesus, 2000 people who weren't in a relationship with Him, 2000 people who were captive to sin, 2000 people who may have died and gone to hell...2000, set free. 2000 heavenly celebrations.

2000. But how many more haven't been reached?

Life is so hard. Is it okay for me to say that? This isn't a pity party, not a poor me post. I'm blessed, beyond measure. But life is hard. Everywhere. There are sick kids and broken marriages and financial strain and abuse and addiction and life is just hard. People lie, people hurt you, people fail; even good people, even Christ-followers. Happens all the time. Those things are a part of life no matter where you live, who you love, what you do for a living, how much money you do, or don't, have. Life is hard no matter what. I miss home. I miss my family. I thought life would get easier as I got older, you know? I thought I'd have money in the bank, I'd only surround myself with people I could trust, I'd no longer care so much about what others think of me...I thought life would get easier as I got older. I was wrong.

But 2000 people. Wow. God is active, God is moving in my city and all over the world. I want to be involved. Life is hard, but lives are changing. I want my life to count. I want hard to be worth it.