Break from school. Break from alarm clocks. Break from schedules. Break from blogging? Yes, please.

I thought summer would present the opportunity for more posting, but instead, the blog feels like a drag. If a marriage can end because one partner "falls out of love," then surely I can break up with my blog because I have fallen out of like. I used to like blogging, it's been a fun way to chronicle life, and I have found it to be very therapeutic. I've never kept a diary, my journaling is inconsistent, and so my 2 years of blogging (I started on my 29th birthday, tomorrow is my 31st) is very meaningful to me, like a collection of home movies. I love to go back and read the posts that chronicle simple, daily events, like silly things the kids have said and done, things I might have forgotten by now otherwise. I'd like to print them all out one day.

But for now, keeping up the blog feels burdensome and distracting, so I'm taking a little summer break. But I think this break up is like a Ross and Rachel break up, sooner or later, we'll get back together.