Not quite a year ago, I picked up an unexpected habit. I don't think it's a bad habit, but not something I readily admit to, until today. I tried it just once, for a special occasion, and then before I knew it, I was hooked. Not everyday, but at least 3-4 times a week.

I'm a apron wearer. I know, I know, how 1950s of me.

It started innocently enough. I was dressed for a meeting but still had to finish up dinner for David and the kids, so I threw on the blue Pampered Chef apron my mother-in-law gave me years ago. It usually makes an appearance once or twice a year, when a similar situation arises, then disappears into the drawer for 6-8 more months. But the next day came, and whether it be splattering oil from the frying pan or messy floured hands, something lead me to put the apron on again. And again, and again. It really came in handy once I started working everyday and often prepared meals still dressed in my work attire. Maybe I'm just a messy cook, or maybe there's a little more "old fashioned" in me than I care to admit, but either way, I think my apron is here to stay.

So just imagine my pure delight when thumbing through a magazine this morning, I happened upon a picture of this apron, a Jessie Steele design:
Wowzer! I had no idea aprons were widely used enough to warrant entire fashion lines of designer aprons! (After google research, I found tons of adorable aprons, like below.) Maybe it's the baking profession that keeps apron designers in business, or TV shows where housewives (often desperate!) wear cutesy aprons and heels while preparing the family meal. I'm not sure, but now that I know they exist...I think I've got to have one!