My "little" cousin Courtney just had a birthday. Nineteen? Ugh, I hope I'm off a year or three because I can't see how that could be right. Tonight as I was sorting through drafts and deleting unfinished posts, I came across this conversation from January. Not sure what direction I was headed with the original post, or why I never published it, but either way, it was one of those moments I'm glad I took the time to answer more than "I don't know."

Lily: Will Courtney still be in college when I'm in college, or will she be a grown up?

Me: By the time you're in college, Courtney will be my age, and she'll probably have a little one herself. And you'll love to play with her little ones, the way she loves to play with you, the way I loved to play with her when she was just a little girl.

Lily: Who's she going to marry?

Me: Well, no one knows; no one but God. He's made Courtney a perfect match, and she may already know him and she may not. Either way, she'll find him. God made someone just for her, with all the special things Courtney loves and wants and needs. And she's special, just for him. He's made you a perfect match too, and Luke, too. And you may already know them, or you may not, but God made them special just for you. Even though you won't get married for a very long time, you have a perfect match somewhere in the world, someone God created with you in mind. They could live in North Carolina, or Florida, or...

Luke: New York City or Mexico.

Me: Yep, even New York City or Mexico.

Luke: You found your perfect match, Mama.

Me: I sure did.

Lily (sounding annoyed): You know he's talking about himself, he thinks he's your perfect match.

Luke: No I'm not. It's Daddy.