Isn't it odd that I'll usually take any and every opportunity I can, even make up my own opportunities, to get mushy about that hubby of mine....but didn't on Father's Day? He is indeed a GREAT dad, but I wanted to do more than offer lip service so rather than take time to post on Father's Day, the kids and I stayed busy making his day special, or at least I hope we did. But one day later, I'll take just a second to say David is indeed an amazing dad to Lily and Luke. At 5 and 6 they have no idea how truly blessed they are to have a dad like him, but they will one day. And I should know great dads, I happen to have one.

Would you believe that the waitress gave us an Elevation Church pen to sign our bill last night at dinner? At a restaurant several towns and one county away from where we first launched the church just over two years ago. Maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it felt pretty amazing to see that pen sitting on the table. When David brought it to my attention, my first response was, Did I bring that pen? Wild. I guess someone else doesn't return their pen to the usher at the door.

Welcome to Ft. Mess-to-Clean. I am not a fan of fort building. The indoor kind. Probably not the outdoor kind either. I don't like to fold sheets and blankets for the usual reasons, much less undo perfectly good, clean, folded sheets and blankets for fort building. But when one very handsome little red head asks for help with a fort with his sweet misarticulated "r" sound, I'm toast.
5 linens + 4 pony tail holders = one fort (a.k.a. one big mess to clean). I'm guessing if David had built the fort with Luke, it wouldn't have involved hair care items.