I was swapping clothes from the washer to dryer last night when I noticed a string on a pair of Luke's underwear. I thought to myself, I need to cut that right now so it doesn't tangle in the dryer and looked up to see a tiny pair of green scissors in my battery basket. Perfect. I also knew there were two more pair in my sewing case. Two in the office pen basket, two pair of kids' safety scissors, one pair in the upstairs bathroom, a Pampered Chef pair in the kitchen and two pair in my Explorer, NOT counting the two pair in my Quest supplies bin (also in my Explorer)! We have enough scissors in our home that were we to be attacked by hairy monsters, I could arm all of us with a pair in each hand. The strange thing is, I don't think I have EVER walked in a store and purchased a pair of scissors. Where do they come from? A. They are breeding (I do have baby scissors!) or B. My house is where the scissors all of you can never find when you need them have come to live.

Also last night, David and I "pinky" swore to give up soda. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked we were neither nine years old nor living in an episode of Full House so why we evoked the power of the pinky swear on this one occasion is beyond me. However, I am hoping that it helps me remember my vow. My biggest issue will not be craving a diet coke, my biggest issue will be remembering I'm not supposed to drink one. Odds are high that at this afternoon's Lead Team meeting I will be half way through a diet coke before it occurs to me I shouldn't be drinking one. I'm hoping the random pinky swear has cemented it in my mind...that, and the fact I am praying for the Holy Spirit to remind me.