I started taking down our Christmas decorations today. I usually have this task completed by January 2nd but this year, I've found myself hesitant to say goodbye to Christmas past. Where did it go? There's the small tree I meant to put up on the plant shelf but never got around to it and the greenery I envisioned hanging along the staircase but didn't buy until January 1st when I found it on clearance. There are friends we didn't celebrate the season with and special little gifts I intended to give but blinked and the opportunity was missed. I am not sure if I spent adequate time praising God for the gift of Jesus and certain I spent too much time unwinding those metal twisty things off well-packaged toys. Big sigh. Maybe next this year...after all Christmas 2008 will be here before I know it.