1 fun-loving mommy (with somewhat rusty skillz)
1 preschool sized Hot Wheels scooter

Combine with high speed and a slightly sloped driveway.

Above mixture will result in:
1 road-burned arm

2 scraped knees
1 cheek abrasion
1 swollen lip, busted inside and out
1 set of bloody knuckles
1 skinned-up palm
1 scuffed shoulder

Best served with a distressed 4 year old (Why Mommy? Why were you on my scooter? Why?) and a husband you ignores the cries of a 5 year old for help because he believes her to be kidding.

Garnish with 2 Aleve and Band-Aids.


Besides the obvious humor of my "way too old for this crap" situation, David and I stood in front of the mirror, my face covered in blood and tears and laughed about what we will tell his coworkers tomorrow. Yes, the event occured on the eve of me helping out at David's office. As I cleaned my wounds he comforted me with, We have got to come up with a better story. We have decided to go with spousal abuse.