Wow! Has it been a week? So much has gone on in the past week...a whirlwind of Christmas gatherings, visiting family, traveling...many blog worthy happenings have occurred but my return to blogging will be this little love note to my hubby (insert eye roll here for all you less-than romantics).

Buddy, I love you for drinking that lemon tea. I hate lemon tea. Brisk...what the heck does that mean? I was so mad when I saw the machine vend that drink. I meant to hit E1 not D1. And that was my last dollar. My mouth was watering for that Diet Dr. Pepper sitting in E1. I almost cried when I saw that bottle of briskness fall to the bottom. You rescued me with a simple I'll drink it, giving me your Dr. P. What a sacrifice. Not only did you drink it, you pretended to like it and even offered an mmmm, refreshing as you sipped. What a guy. Twelve years ago (this very month) when we started dating, I knew you were that kind of guy. I'll admit I thought that 2 kids and 12 years later, you may have hardened your heart into a "drink your own mistake" attitude, but I was wrong. I love you, and I loved your Dr. Pepper, it really hit the spot. It was refreshing. And so was your chivalrous tea drinking.