Here are the "Top 5" things I'm thankful for, before my day officially begins (I haven't even left my bedroom yet):

  1. I'm thankful my kids slept through the night, in their own beds. This is especially appreciated since the night before they both came down at 2:15am (unusual for them to come together) and the rest of the night was a blur of blanket tugging and rib jabbing. Not only did I get a much better night's sleep but it also gave me the opportunity to wake up right next to my hubby and *snuggle* a bit.
  2. I'm thankful for comp'ny...that's what we call house guests where I'm from :) Sure I stress in the days leading up about whether or not the pantry is stocked and if the house is ready, (and this year I was so focused on getting all the necessities for "the" meal, I overlooked the other 12 meals we'll need). Regardless, we can't make it "home" nearly as often as we'd like, so it's awfully nice when a little bit of "home" comes here. We don't take it lightly, 600 miles is a bit of a drive, we appreciate our comp'ny!
  3. I'm thankful for our new house. I still like to say new house. Sure it was 10 years old when we bought it and we've been here 6 months, but it's still new to me, and I love it! Makes having comp'ny a little nicer too. Last Thanksgiving we piled 6 adults, 2 dogs and 2 kids into our 2 bedroom apartment for the holiday weekend, loved it then, love it more in a house! Seriously, I am thankful for our home.
  4. I'm thankful for coffee. I'm about 3 minutes from heading into the kitchen for a hot cup of goodness. I started drinking coffee when I was 22, working in an elementary school that always seemed 10 degrees too cold. Then, coffee became a necessary evil to warm my body temp so I could function. Now, coffee is my friend.
  5. I'm thankful for blogging. I would run out of cell phone minutes if I tried to call all my friends and family to tell them this Top 5. Not to mention how many friends I'd lose by awakening them on a day off at 7:30am to ramble about my sleeping habits and coffee drinking!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope to be back later with my "Top 5" end of day! I wonder what the day will hold!