I've been thinking a lot about laughter lately...trying to figure out why I don't laugh as much a I used to. There's this dull headache I get at the base of my skull when I laugh really hard and my mascara smudges on my cheeks because, well, I have big cheeks that touch my eyes when I laugh. Seems like I haven't had many make-up smudging, headache causing moments lately.

Now, I can't say I don't remember the last time I laughed really hard because I do...Monday night, I made a dumb comment about a radio show I used to listen to...a dedication request...a Boys II Men song...wasn't that funny, but it must have hit Jess just right because she really laughed, which made me really laugh, and then we both just laughed to the point of tears. Along with the 4 other women in the room...not sure if they were laughing at the comment or us, either way, it was the kind of laughter I've been missing. The kind of laugh where I pinch my nose to avoid a snort and hope I don't pee my pants. Yes, I said it...laughing, sneezing, trampoline jumping...a couple pregnancies can do that to a gal.

I have much joy in my life...sweet kids, a hubby I adore, good friends...I'm not lacking things that bring me joy. But it just seems like I don't laugh like I used to, at least not lately. Either I'm not as funny, or the people I'm hanging around aren't. Ecclesiastes 3 says there is a season for everything, laughter included (vs.4). Apparently, I'm just not in a season of laughter, but one will come again, soon I hope. In the mean time, I'll just turn on an episode of The Office and get my jollies that way.