Clearly, I did not get a chance to blog on Thanksgiving night what my "Top 5" end of day items were. And now, it's really just too late. As I try and think back on Thursday evening as we wrapped up the holiday, my perspective is tainted by the fact that 2 additional days have past and they have been interesting days, for lack of a better adjective. I really don't know what my "Top 5" would have been, but I know what tops my list today.

So this may not be my end of day "Top 5" as intended, and I'll try my hardest not to be too wordy or sappy but on this holiday weekend, and every other day of the year, I am so thankful for my people. I'm so thankful just to know I have them.

Tuesday a friend called needing a little help as she cared for her husband and children, all sick with a stomach bug. Thursday we received a late night call from another friend sitting in the ER with her husband; she was in need of help with their young son as she also tended to the needs of her sick husband. Yesterday in Florida, a family friend suddenly lost her 28 year old seemingly healthy husband. Tragic. There are really no words to do justice to the emotions, fear, exhaustion and pain associated with sickness, death, tragedy. Life can be so hard. You gotta have people. Good people. Supportive people. Truth-speaking people. Hold your hand or hold your baby people. Stop what they're doing people. Lose a little sleep people. Not a burden people. Say the right thing people. Just listen people. Tell you like it is people. Take care of details people. Feed your kids people. Make sure you eat a good meal people. Clean your house people. Carry your load people. Praying to God people.

I'm so thankful, more than this blog can express thankful, to know I have that kind of people on my side. Thanks, to all my people. And if you don't think you have people like that, give me a call...you've got me, and I'm that kind of people.