Thanks Becky and Debra, for making a detour to spend the night with us.

Thanks Jenna, for waking up at 2 a.m. and getting in bed with Aunt Erin. Sweet memory.

Thanks Jackson, for telling your mommy you wanted me to open your poptart; made me feel like a million bucks.

Thanks Liam, for getting up so early; it helped us make the most of our short time together. And for peeking in the back door and saying, Uncle Erin, thanks for saying you'll take me in the front yard. It makes me happy when you say that. Makes me happy too, little man.

Thanks Pastor and Holly, for helping us make the most of a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Thanks Nicole, for letting me share in the major milestone of Evan's first hot dog!

Thanks lifeguards, for keeping a watchful eye on the blue-lipped little ones swimming in ice cold water, in the rain no less, so this momma could catch up with friends.

Thanks Dunkin' Donuts guy, who voluntarily added more sprinkles to Luke's ice cream after the first guy was so stingy.

Thanks Adam Sandler, we enjoyed your Bedtime Stories.

Thanks Lily and Luke for sleeping in so Daddy could have a chill morning.

Thanks Bill, for doing such a great job as Professor Beaker, I'd forgotten how much fun it can be to share the "stage."

Thanks Teri, (or maybe I should say sorry!), for letting me use your check-in clipboard for a good laugh.

Thanks to the 70+ preschoolers who helped me forget what I was so irritated about in the first place.

Thanks David, for keeping the kids occupied so I could take a 90 minute Sunday afternoon nap. All that singing, dancing and story telling can wear a girl out. With ribbons in my hair and my colorful clothes and sparkly accessories, I may be dressed like I'm 10 years younger, but by the time it's done, I feel like I'm 10 years older.

Thanks David, again, for getting up first this morning with our noisy boy, the early riser, and letting me stay in bed. Suddenly, I feel a little lazy, but grateful none the less.

Thanks Millers, for hosting us, despite the delayed race's attempt to ruin our fun...missed you Dooleys, wasn't the same without ya!

Thanks Jack, for finding such a big rock, and giving us such a big, but concerned, laugh.

And most importantly, thank you to all of the service men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I am so thankful to live in a country where I can sleep peacefully in my own home, gather with friends at will, allow my children to play in open spaces without fear of harm, publicly worship God...all the things that added up to one really great weekend. Freedom is a huge blessing, made up of hundreds of little things I do everyday. May I never take these freedoms, or the ones who serve and protect, for granted.

Happy Memorial Day!