The kids have been back in my possession for less than 48 hours and we've already visited the pediatrician. Yep. Back in the full swing of motherhood.

But before I get so far into parenthood that I forget what the past two weeks were like, I thought I'd answer the number one question I'm asked every summer when the kids spend extra time in Florida with the grandparents...What do you do for two weeks without kids? A question best answered not by trying to describe the quality of the time, but rather, describing the time in terms of quantity.

I read five novels.

I didn't cook for nine consecutive days.

Bought one new dress (and shopped for hours, not because it really took so long to pick out a new dress, but because I COULD!).

Partied with dozens of friends at a fantastic no-kids-allowed party and spent zero minutes stressing over childcare.

Enjoyed lunch out with friends twice.

Two SYTYCD nights with KB and T.

One pool party at Het's, with six laugh-out-loud trips down the slide.

Rearranged the furniture in three rooms.

Painted four kitchen walls.

The extra hours of sleep are too many to count, I slept in everyday. Sometimes I went to bed late and slept late, sometimes I went to bed early and still slept late.

So I hope that gives you a rough idea of how I spend two weeks without kids. David would probably answer the question a little differently; I think he thinks in terms of quantity too, but I don't think it was novels or lunch dates he was counting. ;)