Maybe it's because my father, and my brother, and my husband, not to mention many other loved ones, have served our country. Maybe it's just an area the Lord has tendered my heart, but regardless, when I read Chaplain Watson's most recent Facebook status asking for help, I couldn't just scroll by. Check out his site, scroll down and read the November post titled "Chaplain's Wish" and please do what you can. So often we think to ourselves, I'd help if I knew how. Now you do. Reading Tommy's wish list really choked me up, his requests make it clear how seriously he takes his calling to minister to our soldiers and he offers very simple, tangible ways we can help. I've copied his FB status comment below so you could read his request in his own words, I hope he doesn't mind. Please check out his site and send any of the wish list items you can, many things may be sitting unused in your home right now. I'm honored to know him and his precious, godly family. His beautiful wife, Jackie, was Lily's dance teacher, and both Tommy and Jackie are using their lives to serve the Lord by serving others in an inspiring way.

Thomas Watson I'm asking all my friends and churches to please take the time to send a care package to our soldiers in Iraq. Go to http://carolinachaplain.blogspot.com/ and scroll down to Chaplain's Wish list post. Choose what you will and send to my address at the bottom. I will make sure they get your packages. This is important to our morale. Many thanks to those who will respond.