Sunday, David and I headed to the mountains for a little day trip. We realized we haven't gone to the mountains together since our honeymoon - over 11 years ago! We now live only 2 hours from some of the most beautiful sights, I don't know why it's taken us 4 years to make the drive together!

We had a wonderful time. I am so very thankful for the relationship David and I have, so thankful for our friendship. He truly is my best friend.

On the lengthy drive, we talked when we felt like talking, but didn't when we didn't. With David, complete silence can be completely comfortable (those of you who know him well are nodding along!). We ate our picnic lunch on the tailgate of his truck rather than the crowded (but beautiful!) park, because he doesn't really like people - but he really likes me - and that mattered more than the picture I was hoping to take of us picnicking in the park.

The best part is, though days like Sunday are a treat, we don't really need a scenic drive or special destination to enjoy one another's company. We genuinely enjoy being together, and though I'd like to think that's the case with all married couples, sadly, I know it's not. As much as I love him, I'm so thankful I like him, too!