I would apologize for being such a blog-slacker, but an apology might imply an attempt to do better in weeks to come, and that's doubtful. But this week is Lily's birthday week, with 3/26 being the big day. But I want to celebrate her all week, so to start off, here are 7 things I'd like you to know about my soon to be 7 year old.

Lily is exactly what you'd expect if you put David and I in a blender, which creates a bit of a walking, talking contradiction. She's very easy going but often moody, social and outgoing, but doesn't like to be the center of attention...the list of "this but that" is never ending. She's hard to peg, and I really love that about her.

Lily was 8 lb, 7 oz at birth, which is considered a big baby, but then became the most petite little "pee-mite" as her Grandmama Wissy would say, barely tipping the scale to 19 pounds on her first birthday.

Lily is an amazing big sister. She walks Luke to class everyday, and that's just one of many kind things she does on his behalf.

Lily is my Easter baby, which is how I chose her name. The year she was born, Easter fell on 3/30. She was due 4/1, born 3/26. You can imagine how many Easter lilies, stuffed bunnies, and frilly dresses filled my hospital room upon her arrival.

Lily and I share a middle name, Michelle.

Lily loves dogs. Especially her own "baby," as she calls our boxer KC. But she also has a deep affection for our neighbors' golden retriever puppy, Cooper, and my parents' dog, Penny. Lily loves all dogs, but I hear more about those three dogs than I do friends at school.

Lily is very generous, and truly has a heart of gold. This morning when I told her I'd bring a treat from Dunkin' Donuts (her fave!) to her class on Thursday, her first response was, "Could you grab my teachers a cup of coffee? They love coffee." And recently when her Aunt Brenda sent a bundle of pencils, she immediately began dividing them out to share with others without a moments thought about keeping them all to herself. Hmmmm, makes me wonder if gifts is her love language.