Just about the time the birthday cards and gifts stop rolling in for Miss Lily, a new batch begins to trickle in bearing Luke's name. Yep...it's now time to celebrate the main man - Luke David. Tomorrow, April 9, is Luke's 7th birthday - and boy, is he ready. He's been counting down since, well, January-ish. I'm not sure what we're going to count down to once the birthdays have come and gone, Christmas maybe?

It's not surprising news to share that Luke was a surprising arrival. Born just 12 months and 2 weeks after Lily, we certainly weren't planning on expanding our family so quickly. But Luke's birth will forever be a great lesson in faith, a lesson in trusting the Lord's plans for my life. I was a mess when I found out I was pregnant and could not, no matter how hard I tried, figure out how having 2 little ones so close together could ever be a good thing. Well shame on me for being so faithless and short-sighted because I can say in all honestly that having 2 little ones so close together is actually better than good, it's the best! I was so worried about Lily, and how Luke's arrival would impact her life, and his arrival certainly did impact her life -but for the better. It's kinda like God knit Lily her very own best friend and delivered him to her life just 12 months after her own birth. Actually, it's exactly like that. Sometimes, I feel like he belongs to her more than me, and I now I can't imagine a greater gift that David and I could have given our daughter than a life long friend and companion.

I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude as we celebrate the 7th birthday of the biggest surprise of our lives!