I taught the kids how to play "Hangman" last week on our whiteboard and we have been having the best time with that game. Sometimes, I'm intentional and select words that help the kids practice what we're working on, like words ending in "ck" or the silent "e," but most of the time, we just play for fun. Tonight we got David in on the action, which is a big deal because he's not much of a game player. But once he had that Expo marker in his hand, he was hooked...and as it turns out, he's a Hangman hog. He didn't want to take turns, he kept coming up with "just one more really good one."

Luke, gotta love him, has used "I Love Mom" over and over. There are only so many times I can pretend I don't know what it says!

Last month was Four Corners, this month, Hangman. We are bringing back old-school games with a vengeance - too bad we don't have enough family members to play Heads Up Seven Up!