Electric pencil sharpener. Cashed in some bonus points for this beauty. Love it! It's not so much the speed of which it gives me a perfect point, it's more the fact that we don't lose it. The "other" sharpener was very small, very easy to lose, and very easy for the kids to make a mess with. It was a thorn in my side. Key word, was.

House guests. In 2008, our out-of-town visitors were few and far between. I love house guests, so the fact that it's only February and we're counting down to visit #2 makes me a happy girl. A couple weeks ago, my sweet, pregnant cousin and her husband stopped by, and next weekend David's aunt is coming to spend the weekend. May 2009 be the "Year of the Houseguest." Okay, there you have it. That's as formal an invitation as you'll get, come see us!

Working girl. I finally started the new job yesterday. It's flexible, pretty laid back, and temporary. That's my kind of job. Oh, and the best part, it requires no child care arrangements. That's what makes a good job great.

Elevation's 3rd Anniversary. More on that to come!

Warm weather. Beautiful, warm weather. Short sleeves and flip flops warm weather. But the warm weather gives me a little spring fever. Now I can't wait for spring to get here and facing the next cold spurt will be hard to do.

"New" furniture. The spring-ish weather has me in the mood for "new." So using some paint that's been in our garage for awhile and the ounce of creativity mustered if David and I squeeze our heads together, we repainted our TV stand, from light wood to black with distressed edges. It's not complete yet, but it's looking good, and proves that change doesn't have to be costly. We already had 2 cans of spray paint, so our investment has been around $5 for a little more paint and a trigger handle. But it feels like having a brand new piece of furniture. I'm already brainstorming other "new" looks for the house. There are websites galore (usually blogs) of ingenious, crafty women who can turn a blah room into a magazine cover on a dime. Very helpful for ladies like me who are decor-deficient.

So that's what's going on around here. What are you up to?