Luke saw a mint sitting on the counter yesterday and said, Maaaaaama? Can I have this watery mouth mint? (And he put great emphasis on the watery mouth). After asking him to repeat, which he did, saying "watery mouth" once again, I said, I think you mean mouth-watering, and yes you can, how could I say no to that impressive request! I don't know what tickles me more, that he said "watery mouth" or that he's added mouth watering (or his version of) to his vocabulary in the first place.

Lily and I decided to do a little party planning today. She'll be seven next month. Seven. (Brief pause while I let that soak in.)

Okay, seven. She grabbed a notebook and pen, I grabbed my Family Fun magazine for ideas, and we somehow ended up in my master bedroom closet, which is inside our master bath. I'm not sure how it happened, we didn't start in the bathroom and I certainly don't have a luxuriously large closet that doubles as a sitting room. But there we were, crowded by hanging clothes, scrunched together on the small amount of carpet not covered by shoes. It turned out to be a great place to keep her attention, no distraction of TV, Luke, or 1,000 other random things that make it difficult to carry on a conversation with a not quite seven year old girl. We'll have to do it again sometime.